Tuesday 1 November 2016

Mega Crit- Storyboards/developed roughs



Today we had a mega crit with the whole group. I got some useful feedback to help me to continue with the brief. the blue coloured composition I made received the best feedback, people thought that the colours captured the tone of the narrative. I agree completely, I think that for the final pages that are going to have a positive feel to them I can make them lighter using halftone without having to alter the colours. I was thinking of trying to combine the sketchy loose monotype prints I did yesterday with my shape based compositions, this idea was echoed in the feedback. i have been working on my characters in recent weeks trying to simplify them and concentrate on humour and emotion using the fewest elements possible. I think this has worked to an extent. the problem I have now is that I like my collage work and also my monotype prints, I will have to experiment and see if i can combine them successfully or whether I should save one of the techniques for another brief.

I think my next step is convert my existing collage compositions to halftone to see if they work. I also want to create alternative version of the other double page spreads from my storyboard to test out compositions with different media. I am enjoying the collage work I have been doing and like the results so i would like to continue with this path but I think I need to keep my mind open and try combining techniques as we try them. I still have a lino print workshop to come on Friday.

Questions at the moment-

Can I make the collage into halftones and maintain the tone of the piece?

Can I combine monotype and collage?

Can I improve my page compositions to better suit the narrative of the book?

Can I use the book cover to start the narrative of the book?


No comments:

Post a Comment