Tuesday 29 November 2016

Chris Haughton

I was looking at Chris Haughton's website found that he makes animations of his books. I have got a lot of inspiration from Chris Haughton for this brief and my practice in general. I am almost hesitant to look too much at his work as it feels I am focussed one practitioner but I don't think I should rule out gaining insight from someone who works in a similar way to myself. Looking at his animations I think I have lost some of the character of my illustrations in my test animations so far. I need to concentrate of the movements conveying their character and emotion just as I have with their posture and expressions in my illustrations.


GOODNIGHT EVERYONE trailer from chris haughton on Vimeo.

The way he animates the animals in this trailer is amazing. There are no dynamic movements in the composition and no strong narrative presence but the animals movements and character is captivating. I am going to start an animation of one of my pages that contains fairly simple movements and try to capture lifelike movements. I think even the parts of the character that don't really move much need to have some reaction to the moving parts to show it is one character and there are reactions between the two, making the character seem 'real'. The smallest movements seem to be able to have a powerful impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment