Friday 11 November 2016

New Project proposal


I wrote a new project proposal as my aim had changed. I was moving more and more towards creating a set of images that had a narrative running through all of them. I had it set in my mind that I would make a set of prints but it didn't make any sense. Although this form is simple it helped me to take a step back and understand what my aims are for the book. I want the book to tackle the importance of fiction. Not only that it can provide us with a space to escape our own lives but that it can teach us how to deal with issues in the real world. I wanted to make the book appealing to children and fans of fantasy and fiction so using classic fantasy characters to depict the narrative seemed to fit. I liked the idea of reversing the situation and have a fantasy character trying to escape his world by taking part in everyday escapist activities. I think this makes the book more accessible and fun rather than tackling real life troubles like depression or stress. This also makes the book more suitable for children.


No comments:

Post a Comment