Sunday 27 November 2016

Book ready for digi print.

I wanted to start my book with the quote that inspired me to make it, I have titled the book escapism. I am not going to put either of these on the cover of the book, I want to laser cut a wooden cover. The front cover will only have a key hole cut out so that you can see a small segment of the book that I have printed on the first page. I want to try and make a frame to go between the wooden cover and the illustration to make the cover more intriguing. That way the reader can try to look at an angle to see more of the image. I like the idea of an intriguing ambiguous cover that only gives the reader an idea of the style of illustration used in the book. Neil Gaiman describes reading as entering new worlds and I want to cover to symbolise this.

I thought about making hand made type for this page and tried to create a title with lino printing but decided that if I wanted to use the illustrations within the text it would work best with a crisp, clean font. I have tried t space the illustrations so that each letter becomes an interesting image in itself.

I want to print off a few versions of the full book to see how it works in print. I have had trouble before using varying opacity. I want to see if the colours stand out from each other when they are not on a backlit screen. I have made a grayscale version of my book in which I have altered the levels to try and make the tones contrast more. I had to work out the page sizes as during the process of combining the pages I had managed to vary the proportions of my images slightly. The double page spreads are now slightly larger than A4. I will have to double check I have got my measurements right and that I am very precise when folding the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment