Sunday 13 November 2016

Mole Research

The majority of the Adrian Mole cover I have looked at have a few things in common. The use had written text for sections of the title or additional information which makes sense given the title and content of the book. Some of the covers make the book look like the diary itself with stains, scribbles or lined paper included in the design. Most of the covers include pencils or pens often tied into the lettering of the title or authors name. I would like to include some of the same items in the cover as many of the people buying the book will have already read the book and have fond memories of the version they had when they were younger. I want the cover to appeal to both new younger readers and adults. I don't want my cover to look like previous versions, I will aim to find new ways to include characters and iconic items from the story that capture the imagination of the target audience. Adrian will be a main part of my cover as the story is told from his perspective but I would like to try and include the other significant characters in some way. It will be difficult as their is a lot of text to incorporate into the design but I am confident I can find a solution that creates a bright bold cover.




No comments:

Post a Comment