Tuesday 22 November 2016

Prints


I have been cutting out lino prints over the last few days. I wanted to make some images I could add to the pager of my book to add some more depth and texture. I printed them at home using my hand to burnish the prints. I wouldn't normally try this but the whole point of this process was to create imperfect prints. I wanted rough textures and areas where the ink didn't reach. I was happy with the results, I wanted to create some shapes to contrast with the cut paper I had used for most of the other parts of the composition.


I am having some trouble at the moment with the size of the file that my book has grown into. My computer keeps crashing if I try and export the image as a png to transfer it to After Effects. I am going to have to find a way round this if I am going to be able to animate in the way I have planned to. I have also been struggling to find a way to view my book properly as I can't print it off anywhere near the size it will be when its finished. I can only view it on screen one section at a time. I decided to use one of the techniques we have been shown in the After Effects workshop to create a panning shot of my illustration.


Comp 1 2 from Joe Boon on Vimeo.

this method still doesn't give me an overview of the entire image but it does help me to view the books narrative and the continuous image of the concertina design. When I have exported the image nad printed it out on A4 or A3 the image has been too small and given me very little idea of whether the additions and alterations I am making are working.

No comments:

Post a Comment