Sunday 13 November 2016

Extra Pages

After finding out that 5 double page spreads was a minimum for the book I would like to add a few more pages to make sure the narrative of my concertina book works as well as possible. I am enjoying the processes I am using and like the flowing composition that is pretty much continuous. I don't want to let the book down by making it unclear. I will check again to see if the number of pages I want to use fits the brief. One thing that is troubling me at the moment is whether screen print will work for this piece and whether I am giving my self too much to do in the timescale. One possible alternative that could work would be to create a wide range of textures with a variety of analogue media then apply them to my work digitally. This is not ideally what I would want to do but if I can tailor the textures I make to my work it could produce some very good results. I still want to try laser cutting lino as a process but the cutting itself takes a long time especially with the large areas of blocked out colour that I am using, to produce lino blocks for my entire book may well not be feasible. Looking at my book it dawned on me that the beginning and the end are quite abrupt, I would like to add one page near the beginning and two pages at the end. I am going to try and make mock ups of these images and print of the entire book on separate pages to see how it looks and to try and get some peer feedback about the effectiveness of the narrative and illustrations.



No comments:

Post a Comment