Wednesday 2 November 2016

2 Colours


I have been making some composition using cut and torn paper that I then scanned into illustrator. At first I made them with more than 2 colours and really liked the results I was getting.


I wanted to try and get the colours down to 3 to allow for two printed colours and an overlay of the two. I thought about using halftones but when I tried this I lost the torn paper textures I had created. The shapes that make up these compositions are fairly simple so the textures are an important element that I don't want to compromise.


The other option is to cut down the number of colours dramatically which, if it works would allow me to keep all the textures. I will have to see if I can control the colours when overprinting. I really like the colours in these compositions but don't know if I will be able to get anywhere near the balance when screen printing. I am going to try and conduct a large range of experiments with overprinting to see what I can achieve.



No comments:

Post a Comment