Friday 11 November 2016

Adrian Mole Ideas


I have been trying to generate ideas for the Adrian mole book cover. I started out with a mind map and want to try and list some ideas of the areas I want to concentrate on before I start roughing. I have started listening to an audio book of the original novel to refresh my memory and get a better understanding of the content of the book. I want to try and illustrate the cover in a way that is appealing to new readers and captures the elements of the book that have stayed with people that read the book as children.


Adrian Mole
The main character of the book has lots of negative traits that I will have to careful when illustrating but not ignore. The character has become loved because he reminds us of what we were like at that age or someone we know that is that age. these character traits are a central part of the entire series of books and I think should be at least alluded to on the cover. The diary format of the book showcases Adrian Moles observations of the world around him (that are often wrong), I would like to try and illustrate this, possibly be illustrating the cover as if it is from his perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment