Friday 4 November 2016

Lino Print


Todays lino print workshop was good, I made a couple of lino cuts before the workshop so that I could print a few designs. I don't think I want to use line print as the sole process for this project but the more workshops we do the more I am interesting in mixing processes possibly with he help of some digital editing to make my book. I didn't know that you can use a laser cutter with lino to make very neat prints. I was thinking about using this method, on one hand you would lose the aesthetic of the marks made with traditional tools but it could be used to add textures to vectored illustrations. I often add textures to illustrations I make in Illustrator but they never quite look right. This could be a way to apply the precision of digital illustration to a traditional process. I have a few shape based illustrations I could use to try out this method, I need to try a few different aesthetics to see which work best.



No comments:

Post a Comment