Tuesday 8 November 2016

Troubled


I have been struggling today working on a few different briefs, I have still been working on more of the pages of my book using torn and cut paper. I don't know where to go from here, I keep getting tempted to add more detail to improve the emotion of the characters but I like the silhouettes I have made already. I have got into a set routine with this process now and may have started to rush things without taking enough care with composition and the detail of the characters. I have been working on a couple of designs today but I'm not enjoying making the like I was before. I think I need to change approach, not that I will completely change my illustrations but to experiment with media. I need to keep trying new print processes! I think trying out different processes and media will hopefully allow me to return to these illustrations with a new perspective and renewed enthusiasm. I also need to refine my illustrations, because they are silhouettes or very simple characters the outline and posture is even more important than usual and will be crucial if I am going to communicate emotion successfully.



No comments:

Post a Comment