Monday 7 November 2016

Screen Print


It worked! This photo doesn't really do it justice but overlaying light onto dark produced the tone I was wanting. We did not have much choice of colour so I had to use green instead of blue but managed to find one similar in tone. I had trouble when exposing the screen as the printer in the studio did not print my image dark enough, this is something I will be careful with in future as it was not an obvious problem when looking at the print out. This was a little annoying but the purpose of today was to test whether the colours worked and they did so overall I am very happy. Even with the exposing problems the fine details in the image were crisp and clear and I didn't have too much trouble with registration. I will have take care if I use screen printing as the process for my final image, it can be hard to tell what the colour will look like as a thin layer on paper when you are mixing it. I will have to keep applying some to paper as I go and make adjustments. This photo is very dark but on this print itself the middle tone images stand out form the dark blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment