Tuesday 28 February 2017

Characters

I am much happier with my work for the app now, I have been working on simple characters for each of the festivals that will be part of the header design, at the moment I am thinking three characters placed under the name of the festival. I have tried to make characters that represent the identity of the festival they represent, they are based on performances from previous years and the themes that run through the entire festival. I have worked on a full set of characters for each festival before stating on the text, partly because I was really struggling with the project and losing motivation and partly so that I could create an aesthetic in a way that I am more comfortable with that will help me get some direction for the text and stop me feeling overwhelmed. I am happy with the characters and think they will work when scaled down to the size of the tiles on the app, I have kept sending photos of them to the other members of the group to make sure they know what I'm doing and can let me know any changes that need to be made, offer suggestions or give me feedback. We are meeting again tomorrow morning to discuss how to move things forward, from my point of view I want to have my illustrations finished by this Friday so that I can pass them on to Irfan so he can start work on the app itself. I spoke to Chris today about how our illustrations alongside each others. I think we could work with the layout of the tiles to make sure the app looks balanced in terms of style, I will be using different fonts and layouts for the text in my illustrations to try and give each festival its own individual identity so there should be variation throughout. We are going to need to sit down and look through each other work side by side to see if they will work or not. I need to be open to the idea that I will most likely need to make adjustments to my work so that the app works as a whole. Tomorrows meeting should provide more clarity.







No comments:

Post a Comment