Wednesday 8 February 2017

Identity

I want my book to address the idea of identity. The main character will be the dog that starts to question whether he is a dog a polar bear. I want to show the dog realising he looks different from all the other dogs and that he looks a lot like a polar bear until he comes across real polar bears and soon realises he is definitely not a polar bear. The book will be about a voyage of self discovery, an identity crisis and self awareness. I want the dog by the end of the book to understand his identity and his individuality. I want the story to be told with illustrations as much as possible with only the bare minimum text needed to make the narrative clear. More text could be added afterwards but I want to use this brief as an exercise in visual storytelling. The main character will go through a range of emotions throughout the book and I will have to make sure I communicate them clearly through my illustrations as any ambiguity could alter the meaning of parts of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment