Tuesday 21 February 2017

App Ideas

I have been trying to figure out how to incorporate illustrations in the phone app we are creating, I am meeting with the rest of the group tomorrow to discuss ideas. We will need to find a way to incorporate the illustrations into the app without making the app look cluttered or making the layout confusing. I have looked at apps that have managed to achieve this my having illustrations in the background behind the content but this can look a bit confusing if it is done badly. Another option is to use the illustrations as a border around the content, this way we can communicate the tone and identity of the festivals the app is based on. I have been looking at the other apps made by or associated with the BBC and they tend to have very rigid block layouts with very little illustration. I don't want the app to look like their other ones but we may need to make compromises to fit the brand identity. Some splashes of colour and some illustrations incorporated in the lettering could make the app stand out while maintaining the BBC's brand identity and making the app easy to navigate.




No comments:

Post a Comment