Friday 17 February 2017

Adrian Mole Template

I am just trying to get my head around the template I need to use for the Adrian Mole brief for penguin books, I thought I had already figured it out but on my printout tests The barcode box on the back cover was not in the centre of the page it had shifted towards the left. I have a template and a list of measurements. I need to cross reference between the two. I think the larger set of crop marks may be the bleed. I have made some minor changes to the design that I think make better use of the space. I was still not happy with how close the character on the back cover was to the barcode box so I have moved the level of the group up, making the character stand out. I did this because I was struggling to fit the text on the bottom of the front page without it looking cramped, forced into the space. Raising the level on the front and back of the book has helped to create more space. I have added more shape to the hair as it looked quite feminine and it was pointed out to me previously that it could cause confusion as to who the character is. I have finished the cover now and added it to the template, I am going to double check it is correct and talk to other people who are taking part in the same brief.


No comments:

Post a Comment