Monday 6 February 2017

Illustration 12" 2

I made a few more alterations to  my cover design. I'm not sure the texture in the background works well with the block colours in the foreground but without it there seems to be too much blank empty space making the cover bottom heavy. I was thinking about adding texture to the character to make it look like static the same way as I had in previous versions but this also has the effect of making the colours appear muted and I want the character to stand out among the black and white televisions. I tried adding a light to the designs to make add some tone and detail to the background but it distract attention from the character and is not necessary for the illustration to work.




I decided to add different shades of grey into the background to show variations in light and disrupt the block grey of the background in a subtle enough way that it doesn't distract from the main elements of the illustration. I think this works better than my previous version with the textures added.

No comments:

Post a Comment