Wednesday 1 February 2017

Slide show 2

I visited two local independent shops that stock children's books to see if I could see any trends. There seemed to be a large number of arts and crafts books but that could be because of the shops I was in and not be representative of the industry as a whole. Some of the other members of my group noticed that there seems to be a huge trend of rereleases of classic stories, often 'premium' versions of the book with illustrations and display boxes. These reissues are often timed with anniversaries or the release of film or television adaptations. I read an article that mentioned this same trend saying that 2017 was set to be another big year for anniversary releases of well known stories. Along similar lines classic fairy tales have been reimagined, using well known characters and putting them into all new stories often bringing them up to date in the process.





No comments:

Post a Comment