Monday 27 February 2017

Plan B?

I got my proposal back today and it says my book must be based on a pre existing text and that I should find one that tackles a similar subject. I thought we could write our own but it wasn't recommended as we can't be marked on the writing. I would rather just change my idea completely as I really like the idea for my book and think the concept would work as an educational and fun children's book. If I can't use my own story for this brief I would still like to complete the book as part of responsive or in summer when we have finished for the year. I have asked some other people in the group who say they have been told they can use their own text so I am going to try and clarify that before I change anything. I have been working on character design for this project for three weeks and starting from scratch will set me back a bit. if I do have to change I need to make sure I know which texts I can chose from before I make commit to a subject.

I had just made a breakthrough in my character design. I have been trying to figure out how to make a character all white and simple and shape based. In my previous attempts I had started to add shading to differentiate between each part of the character. This went against what I was trying to do in simplifying my work. I decided to think of it as a problem solving exercise and find ways around it. I realised that I could use silhouettes of other objects as silhouettes and be more creative with the positioning of the limbs to create the characters structure. I want to be able to suggest a shape with only a small amount of it showing, like a leg behind a tail or an overlap with another object that the viewer will instantly know signifies a paw.


No comments:

Post a Comment