Wednesday 8 February 2017

Illustration 12" 3

I had another look at my cover for Secret 7" and decided it still needed some work, the character was too lost in the composition and the backgrounds were not really adding anything to the piece. I decided to work more with the light in the background to make it look like the televisions were locked away in a stock cupboard, away from the public.


I added a pull cord but it unbalances the image, I did think it needed something in the background on that side to populate part of the space. Also the light has not worked how I wanted it to, I wanted to change the tone of the piece and make it like a dull poorly lit room. I decided to change the colour of the televisions to grey to match the background so the only things in colour are the character and the lightbulb.


I think that changing the colour of the televisions has brought the piece together, the lighting and background suddenly make sense and match the foreground. The character is brighter and bolder, clearly the focal point of the composition. I tried the same composition with the light bulb in light grey but I think the flash of colour helps balance the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment