Tuesday 21 February 2017

Photo Lighting Workshop

I have lost my photos from the photo lighting induction but I learnt a lot. I have been photographing book covers for other briefs and had a lot of trouble with lighting and managing to create a perfect white background. we learnt how to get rid of shadows using multiple lights and how much we can control the level of shadow created using the light umbrellas and various other light attachments. These adjustments allowed us to create shadows ranging from sharp high contrast shadows to extremely soft subtle ones. The most important thing for me was learning how to create shadow-less photos so that I could isolate the product in Photoshop and use it for advertising or include them in my presentation boards fro briefs. We also talked about depth of field, which for these kind of advertising photos should be deep so that I can create a sharp image with the entire of the product in focus, however I would also like to try some shots with the books I have made placed on a coffee table or in a pile of other books. A shallow depth of field would allow me to focus on the books cover in the photograph and make it clear it is the focal point. Having lights set up allows us to fully control the conditions, if I wanted to create a deep depth of field I would need a lot of light which I wouldn't have indoors in a normal environment. The lighting means we can alter the camera settings to meet our requirements rather then being constrained by lighting conditions.


No comments:

Post a Comment