Thursday 23 February 2017

Character test

I have been sketching dog characters for my book for about a week and wanted to test out some new processes. For this project I want to start experimenting now so that I don't feel constrained by time. I want to make my illustrations from simple block shapes while still communicating

- An immersive landscape
- Movement
- Emotion
- Texture (like to dogs fur)
- Form

I want to use this list to come back to every time I start to fall into a routine of going through the motions of techniques I have used before. My main aims are

- To make my characters more emotive, to be able to communicate emotion clearly.

- To create immersive environments and thought provoking compositions.

- To create an emotional connection with the reader.

- To tackle the question of identity and belonging.



No comments:

Post a Comment