Wednesday 1 February 2017

Slide Show 3


I went to Waterstones to try and buy 'The Dead Bird' written by Margaret Wise Brown and illustrated by Christian Robinson. I am interested to see how the writer and illustrator have managed to tackle a subject that would not be featured in a children's book and manage to make it effective and appropriate. I found a book I really liked while searching around. The book is by Xavier Deneux, it is an alphabet book. Normally I don't like books like this, I like to work with narrative and the alphabet books have been done so many times in so many different ways but this one stood out. the book is amazingly well made with attention to detail to all aspects of the design, which is something I have struggled with in the past. The book is subtitled 'Touch Think Learn' , the letters and objects that represent them are embossed on every page to add more interaction with the subject. I don't think this is will be the most creative alphabet book ever but it is beautifully crafted and designed with bright colours and fun illustrations. I would like to learn how to produce a book with this quality of finish. I am also going to give the book to my niece to see what she thinks of it and how long it takes her to destroy it (not long).


No comments:

Post a Comment