Friday 17 February 2017

Pages Roughs

I drew up a list of pages to give myself a better idea how the story would work as a picture book. it has helped me to figure out how to tell the story with as little amount of text as possible. I think some of the pages could be missed out or condensed together but the end of the story may need to be spread over more pages to fully communicate the emotions of the main character. It is not clear enough at the moment that the main character is happy and content at the end of the story. I don't want to end the story on a negative point, I want to show that the character is happy with who he is.


I kept having to add pages and started to question if it was too many. I want to finish the book but I need to keep in mind I don't have to finish the book for this brief. I need to make sure I am happy with each page and that I don't get caught up in a race to finish that has a negative impact on my work and cause me to miss out important stages in my creative process.



I could possible complete the entire book with no text if I used illustrations within the speech and thought bubbles but I will have to test the idea out to see if the meaning is clear. Also as the text would be very simple it could be useful to help teach children how to read. I want to stay away from compositions that I normally use, I want the characters to be more animated and clearly show emotion. I want to use this project as a way to move my practice forward. To do this I think I should research a wider range of practitioners than I usually do. I tend to research artists at the beginning of a project then jump into drawing and not go back to research and I think I need to change that to help me constantly evaluate my work and find inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment