Sunday 26 February 2017

Science festival tests


I have been trying out some ideas for headers, I started with the Edinburgh International Science Festival. I have found it very difficult working on this project up until now. It is difficult to progress with work and generate ideas as part of a group. I would normally use roughs to generate ideas over a space of time but in this case we have made decisions before we started the roughing process. I also have to work with another illustrator and our work has to tie in as one seamless project. I don't think communication has been as good as it could be within the group. I have tried to share the work I have been doing with the group as and when it is completed but I think I need to try and communicate the feedback I need more effectively, ask specific questions and keep checking that we are all on the same page.


These are the first two images I made for the project, the top one highlights the need for constant communication. In the group meeting we talked about combining hand drawn text with simple illustrations but as I stared roughing I came up with new ideas and needed to check what the other members of the group thought about them. I got some feedback from some members of the group but not all, we have been using Facebook messenger to communicate as a group so that we can all be involved in one conversation. The problem is if some people don't respond I don't know if they have got the message or if they are unhappy with the direction the project is going which could de detrimental to the project as a whole. I want to try and make sure everyone is as involved as possible and has a say on how we progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment