Thursday 30 March 2017

Book Ideas

So far I have been designing double page spreads so that the pages are landscape but it might make more sense to use a portrait layout if I am going to use mostly double page spreads or the layouts will be stretched out especially for the pages that concentrate on characters. I could use the compositions I have already made but each one could form a double page spread by itself with some minor adjustments to the placement of the characters and key objects in the composition.



I am going to move on to some of the pages later in the book to test out some of the compositions that are close ups of the dog character. I also want to see how I can illustrate the other landscapes in the story using the same aesthetic as these first few pages. I also need to explore how I am going to add the thought/speech bubbles to the compositions. They need to be bold and easy to read while fitting in with the aesthetic and composition of the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment