Sunday 5 March 2017

Dogs






I have been working more on my characters for the book. I thought my previous illustrations looked too cartoony and didn't communicate emotion effectively. I am still thinking about what processes I should use to make my finished pages. I am thinking about using the background as a silhouette for the character. I have just bought the complete collection of Calvin and Hobbes, I think looking through the illustrations will help me understand composition. I don't want the backgrounds and landscapes in this book to be an afterthought like they have been in some of my previous work. I made some steps forward working on immersive compositions in my 504 project and want to continue to progress. I still want the characters to be the focal point of the image but I want to use the environment to make the image more interesting and dynamic instead of having a character sitting in the middle of the page. I am much happier with these more recent characters, I am going to try out some printing methods to experiment with line quality and shape, I want to see if I can combine the two in way that I am happy with. My next step is going to be storyboarding the entire book creating full compositions.

No comments:

Post a Comment