Saturday 4 March 2017

Simple Colours

I made some illustrations that fit the dimensions of a phone screen to see how they would look when applied to the app. I made full screen illustrations and tiles that could be used in the menu alongside Chris's illustrations. Chris is going to send me over some of his work today so we can see how they will work together. So far I have stuck to the designs we have discussed in the group meetings, keeping the illustrations as simple one colour on a coloured backdrop. After talking to Chris I thought  about removing the larger character for the tiles, I made some mock ups but they don't look as appealing or attention grabbing. I think the characters and lettering work when scaled down as long as they are not complicated with a large number of colours and/or shading.


The tiles without the large characters look too plain, it may be an idea to remove the smaller characters from the text as they are not very clear at this scale. I need to get feedback from the group to see if people think they are having a negative effect on the lettering. It is hard to tell from the images in her how bold the lettering is because on a phone the resolution is much higher and much smaller text is easily readable. I am going to transfer the images to my phone and get some photos of how the images work at that scale .


No comments:

Post a Comment