Wednesday 1 March 2017

Penguin Brief submission

I have handed in my cover for the Penguin Books Adrian Mole brief. I made a couple of changes before submission based on feedback from the last week. I had made changes to my original designs because I made a mistake and got the dimensions of the covers slightly wrong. I was not happy with the adjustments as I felt they broke up the composition. The text on the bottom of the front cover looked too small in the block of black that made up Adrian's notebook. This made the black shape too bold and altered the balance of the illustration. I decided to move the book down and make more of Adrian's face visible, this meant that the character fit the dimensions without me having to stretch the design. I added some additional characters to the back cover as the left hand side looked too bare. Compared to the front the back cover design looked sparse. I made the colours shades of orange so that they blend in to the background to an extent and make sure that Adrian is still the focal point of the cover. the characters balance out the composition. I read through all the submission details to make sure I submitted my work in the correct format including the colour profile. I am glad I handed in it and can't be tempted to make more changes, it has been difficult making small adjustments after having an almost completed cover some time ago. I fall out with the illustrations I create after a certain amount of time and struggle to evaluate them. I can now concentrate on my group work and finding some smaller briefs to complete without this brief being at the back of my mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment