Thursday 2 March 2017

Edinburgh Festivals

I have made some illustrations for the app and shared them with the group, I have asked for some feedback before I go nay further with them. I have also suggested changes that I think could benefit them. I have tried to keep the images clean and functional while also adding some character and personality to each one with different fonts and character illustrations. The illustrations are made up of variations of the same composition. After experimenting a lot with the first one I found that this was the best way to incorporate the characters into the text. in a couple of the illustrations I have made the characters interact with the text but have been carful not to make the text in any way unclear or jarring. Next I am going to start experimenting with colour. We decided to use the background colours from the Edinburgh Festivals website although I think they will need to be softer and lighter to contrast with the illustrations. I am going to experiment with different colours for the text and characters but again keep it simple and bold.





It may be the case that the smaller characters will be too small for the format the illustrations will be displayed in. I need to speak to the group about this and decide whether to simplify the illustrations further to one large character for each festival.


No comments:

Post a Comment