Wednesday 29 March 2017

Characters

I was not happy with the characters I made for the second page of the book. I don't think the was enough detail in the characters clothing or hands. I like the legs of the character with the crimpled walking socks and the stance. The stance look well grounded, linking the character with the landscape which could easily not be the case with a full white landscape. the character is wearing walking gear, walking socks and shoes so decided she should be wearing a nice coat to go with them. I wanted to add more detail to give more shape to the character, something more interesting than the standard body shape that I have used before. I added a mouth to the character but it didn't suite the aesthetic and if anything made the characters face less expressive and confusing. I added a flower in the mum characters hair the same as the flowers around them to add more character (that she had picked the flower earlier). The mums stance and posture is confident striding forward on their walk in the park. I moved onto the character of the little girl who I wanted to appear more apprehensive and unsure of her surroundings. I tried to do this by having her posture more leant back resting on her heels and reaching for her mums hand to lead the way. I am thinking of possible adding some line work to the shape with the Photoshop brushed I have been experimenting with to see if I can add more expression to the characters with overcomplicating them.



The bottom image will make up a double page spread so I need to make sure the characters are not too close to the centre fold. If I position them wrong the focal point of the page could become the trees of the background. I'm not sure whether it will be confusing that the dog and the characters have never met before. I will start work on the next page and see how I could work around that problem. It will be made clear on the next page but I would rather remove the confusing aspects all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment