Tuesday 4 April 2017

Roald dahl Boards

I have made my boars for the Roald Dahl brief, I thought it was important to try and sum up the sections of the brief that I thought were most important and how I planned to meet those criteria. Researching the brief was quite difficult as the vast majority of images related to Roald Dahl are Quentin Blake's illustrations. I tried to find other interpretations of the Roald dahl stories but the results were limited to only a few practitioners so I started to look at other adaptations like film adaptations. The brief was quite vague and open to interpretation so I have tried to explain my thinking on the first slide. During this brief I worked through a number of aesthetics, compositions and stories so wanted to try and include as much of my development as possible without cluttering the slide. I have included illustrations that are earlier versions of the final outcomes and ones that I did not end up using but that influenced the direction I took the project in. I have displayed the final illustrations as a set of prints that include the Roald Dahl logo, the brief asked that the work appear as part of a coherent series and that they should compliment the logo so I have tried to demonstrate my response to this as clearly as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment