Sunday 19 March 2017

Research

I have been looking at a few artists while trying to figure out what direction I should take this project in and one that stood out was Zoe Persico, she combines shape based illustration with a huge amount of texture and loose line work that gives her work incredible depth. She used unusual expressive shapes to illustrate the landscapes her characters inhabit and they make the compositions more dynamic adding movement and directing the viewer to the focal points of the composition. Another thing that adds depth to her illustrations is the use of light and shadow, she uses unusual colours in all aspects of her compositions that set the tone or mood of the scene. I think my works has become a bit stale and I have been drawing landscapes that are fairly generic and boring. I need to experiment with different shapes and compositions, to feel free to think outside the norms and find new ways to illustrate every aspect of my compositions. As a number of the pages in my book are set in a park I think I should research the plants that you would expect to be in the scene and see if I can reimagine them in my own way.



No comments:

Post a Comment