Tuesday 14 March 2017

Gif

I wanted to look at how we could show that there are live stream available on the app without having to click on each individual festival. I thought about illustrations of radio towers like these.



I am not sure if we are going to be able to apply it to the app in time hand it in with our submission but I thought I could make a gif of the animation to include in our presentation boards to show what it would look like in the full app. I think this would be a useful way to illustrate the availability of the live stream that is easily recognisable and grabs the users attention. I tried out circles around the illustration as well as lines and found that the lines complemented the logo especially when hand drawn. Because the shape of the logo is not perfectly symmetrical I found that looser hand drawn lines looked much more natural when combined with he text and character. I altered the speed that the lines flash on and off a few times, it was difficult to find a balance between it being too fast and almost stressful to look at and too slow where it looked like it was struggling to load. I had already mentioned this idea to a couple of members of the group but have now sent the gif to everyone to get some feedback and see if they would like me to make any changes. The deadline is getting close now and I still think we could make some improvements to the app. Some oft he things that were mentioned in the group crit I don't think we will be able to fully implement but we could include the in the presentation boards or in a simplified way within the app itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment