Tuesday 28 March 2017

second page

I have been working on the second page for the book to make my first double page spread. I played around with the positioning of the character and scenery on the page to alter the scale and perspective of the composition but decided that if I made the composition too complex it became confusing and had a negative impact on the narrative. So far I have only added the 'mum' character to the page and still need to add the child, I think the character needs some changes. The colours don't really work the skin tone doesn't stand out against the white background, I think I might try some brighter colours rather than sticking to realistic skin tones, I could use these to show the emotion of the character or just stick with the same colour to build up the characters identity. I need to add more expression and emotion to the face of the character, this is something I find a lot when taking sketched characters into shape based illustrations. they lose something on the process and I need to find a way to address the problem without overcomplicating. I want to make the characters hair darker to match with the darker sections of the scenery, I think this will give the character a stronger presence on the page. The scenery is a mix of the same tree illustrations from the first page and a lot of new small pieces of plant life. I have found of way of image making that I am enjoying at the moment and need to make sure I keep refining my images and compositions instead of getting carried away and trying to complete page after page.




No comments:

Post a Comment