Thursday 16 March 2017

Acoomodation, travel and tickets







I have just sent my designs for the links to the rest of the group. I have tried to make them as universally recognisable as possible and maintain the aesthetic used in the rest of the app. I have tried to make them more playful and fun that the logo's you see on a lot of apps, adding characters to add an element of fun to tie in with the spirit of the festivals. I think I have managed to maintain the clarity needed to successfully communicate what the links are. for the transport link I chose to use a logo of a train as it would most likely be the most commonly used to get to the festivals that potential visitors could need help navigating. I think we are including a separate page with a map of the festivals and surrounding areas that would be useful for festival goers planning to drive to the venues. For the accommodation link I illustrated someone in bed enjoying a nice nights sleep, the other accommodation logos I looked at were images of houses. Apps often use a house logo as a link to the home screen so that could have been confusing and annoyed users of the app. I wanted to try and find a logo that was universal to hotels and private accommodation (like airbnb). I thought that the most important element of accommodation for most people is somewhere they can get a good nights sleep so tried to illustrate that in my design. The ticket link was simpler in concept than the other two, I just wanted to clearly show that tickets were available to buy and only a click away. I chose to illustrate the ticket in a hand to communicate that the link was a way to get hold of the tickets and suggest the idea of them having a ticket themselves rather than sitting looking at information on the app. I think adding these links to the app has improved it, I think the app will now be much more appealing to festival organisers as it is tailored around encouraging people to visit the festival rather than just sharing content. We would have to talk to the festival organisers and decide which content from the shows to share to spark peoples imaginations and curiosity enough to encourage them to make their way to the festivals. We don't want to give away too much and allow people to sit at home and watch the festival on their phone. I will wait to see what feedback I get from the rest of the group and make any changes I need to, we are meeting again on Monday to put together the presentation boards for the submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment