Saturday 25 March 2017

Page layout


This is the page layout I will be using for my book. I have had to make a few adjustments to my original roughs as I had illustrated the book with too many pages. The pages I have removed were not really necessary for the narrative of the story and I do not think leaving them out will make the story feel disjointed. Pairing down the number of pages leaves me with 14 double page spreads, I want to leave a blank page at the back of the book as I think it would look like quite an abrupt end and not fit the flow of the illustrations. I spoke to the owner of Colours May Vary recently about another book I was working on and they said it was best to leave the back page plain and it could be used for important information that needs to be included on the publication, such as who the publisher is and when it was published. I am going to illustrate a number of the double page spreads for the project, in total I need 6 illustrations. I am thinking of illustrating 5 of the double page spreads and the cover/promotional poster. I would like to show how the illustrations could be applied to a number of products or to promotional material to explore how my illustrations would work in various settings that make up my chosen area of practice.




I made my page layout into an issuu document to get an idea of how the pages look in a book format.

No comments:

Post a Comment