Sunday 12 March 2017

Storyboard




I made a storyboard to see how well the story works as a picture book, These would be double page spreads so I will need to make sure I don't put any of the important parts of the illustrations in the centre of the image. I need to decide whether I should have the illustration crossing both pages or place the illustration on one page and the text on the other. I could vary the composition throughout the book. Any illustrations that have two focal points could work on double page spreads with one on each page, I want to make landscapes that float in the middle of the page on a white background, I need to draw up some more detailed roughs as it is hard to explain what I mean.
I want to book to be for children, not an 'arty' book that only the parents like and ends up sitting on a shelf unread. I want the book to help children to understand the idea of identity and being an individual, that is ok to be different from the people around you, and to help them to think of themselves as an individual. I need to look at what age children develop self awareness to the extent that they could benefit from and understand the ideas in the book so I can aim it at the right age group. The next step is to research children's psychology, children's books and to experiment with compositions.

No comments:

Post a Comment