Sunday 2 October 2016

Zine 2

I really enjoyed making the zine, it gave me opportunity to create links between my research and drawings from the summer brief. It was interesting to only have a very short time to produce a finished product. I think I have a tendency to overcomplicate or overpopulate images and it can have a very negative effect on my work so this short time period helped me to keep things simple and concentrate on finding links between research and drawing with no unnecessary additions. However there were a few things that I would have done differently if I had left myself enough time, I would like to have changed all the text in the zine from a pre existing font to one I had created myself the same way I have done on the front cover, I think it gives a feeling of crafting and would fit the overall aesthetic of the zine. A few people picked up on this in the crit which was really encouraging that I was on the same page as other people viewing my work. It was also suggested that I could have used shorter quotes. I feel that I could not trim down the quotes and further than I did and I did not want to leave any out as I feel they are a good representation of Neil Gaiman, however I do think I need to look back at the purpose of the zine and see if they are all appropriate and work in this format.




No comments:

Post a Comment