Tuesday 25 October 2016

Group Tutorials


Today we had group tutorials looking at the roughs we have made for this brief. The tutorial helped me to know where to go next. I want to make a book as the roughs I have made are narrative based. Even though I have been working towards telling a story up until this point all the images I have made have been separate with the overall order an afterthought rather than a solid format to work to. It was mentioned in the tutorial that I should make a storyboard and re draw my ideas in the page layout  that I will be using so I can see how they will work and if I want to use single pages or double page spreads. I will also need to refine me ideas and decide which will combine best to make the narrative work. I can then print them off and see how they look in the final format.


I want to fit quite a lot into this book but really want to avoid the images feeling too busy or oversaturated with imagery. I am thinking of using the cover the kick start the narrative. I am going to see if this works when I make my mock ups. I don't want it to be a crucial piece of information but I would like it to set the scene for the rest of the pages. If this works it will free up more pages and help me to tell the story. I will make some mock ups then try to get some other peoples opinions on whether it works or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment