Tuesday 11 October 2016

Roughs 8


The peer tutorials today were very useful. I was struggling to make decisions about my final 6 images. I was caught up in the idea of creating a clear visual metaphor instead of trying to create something that would encourage a someone to read an article about Neil Gaiman. Some of the illustrations from the other people in the group that I thought worked well were more obscure and intriguing.


I have tried a few different compositions and ideas using the book as a tent. This is the one that I am happiest with. I have tried to use colour to make the interior of the book appear as a warm welcoming place to shelter from the weather outside. This is supposed to illustrate Neil Gaimans views about fiction used as escapism and the negative connotations that he disagrees with. I tried to use the height of the dimensions to create an atmosphere of cold, dark, wet weather. I think the texture helps to break up the diagonal lines of the rain and add more depth to the background. previous compositions have consisted of multiple 'book tents' but I think strength of the idea and the shape became lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment