Thursday 27 October 2016

What do competition brief setters say they do?


On the D&AD website it says that "The D&AD New Blood Awards – identifying,showcasing and nurturing tomorrow's creative superstars." The word nurturing seems to me to be crucial in this statement as it suggests they do more than just critique and praise work that they deem to be the best of the entries. I would hope that this would mean some level of feedback to help budding creatives to learn from the experience of entering one of the New Blood competition briefs.
the sire also states that the new Blood awards allow students to "Meet the people from the places where you want to work. Get a taste of life in the creative workplace. The D&AD New Blood Awards opens doors." From what I have seen and heard of the new blood awards this seems to be D&AD's strong suite. The award ceremony provides a platform to showcase work for an audience of industry professionals/potential employers. Apart from developing my practice through working on a professionally styled brief I think the exposure from entering these awards will be the main benefit to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment