Monday 10 October 2016

Roughs 7



Up until today I only had one idea that I was happy with for the square dimensions. The idea is a set of keys that spell out the word 'fiction'. The idea behind the image is that fiction be a gateway drug to reading for young people. I didn't want to use this metaphor but liked the idea of a gateway or a way to unlock the wisdom of reading. I started to draw keys and thinking about the idea of not just unlocking reading but opening doors for yourself in life through literacy which is something else Neil Gaiman has written about. I have struggled with the square dimensions up until this point and wanted to find a shape that would float inside the dimensions without filling them to make the image more appealing. I thought of a keyhole combined with a thought bubble, The concept is not as clear cut as keys but I think the image is intriguing and has enough of a narrative to trigger a thought process. The only element I am not sure of is the question mark. I have been trying to think of another more appropriate symbol or object to use in its place but haven't had a breakthrough yet, hopefully the group tutorials will help me with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment