Monday 24 October 2016

Computer Workshop 3


Today we started to work with half tones on out own work. I wanted to see if I could find other ways to use halftones to be able to add textures and manipulate them more easily. I decided to look on google images for half tones the n live trace them in illustrator and and manipulate them manually to suite my illustration. I understand that this method has drawbacks and would not work in all scenarios  in this instance I enjoyed working in this way and think the results were quite good. For some of the additions in the image such as the flames and the wings I used images from google that I hadn't drawn as templates for the halftones. I don't like doing this but it was a useful way to test out ideas without being able to draw them from scratch at the time. I would like to recreate this image with my own components. the flames are too regimented and neat, I would like to see how this would look with flames created using ink or torn paper to add a looseness that is missing in this. Overall I think the experiment was extremely useful, I have never tried this method before and I think I will be using it in the future. I would like to experiment more with layering halftones and and changing scale to add more depth to the tone created.



No comments:

Post a Comment