Sunday 2 October 2016

Roughs 2

Still having some trouble with the roughs but managing to work through them more easily. I have been looking at quotes from a variety of works by Neil Gaiman to try and generate some ideas. The problem is that he uses metaphors quite a lot and I don't want to simply use pre made metaphors that do the work for me. I have used a couple of them in my roughs but only when I think I could find an interesting way to illustrate the idea. So far I have not managed to find a combination of a composition and idea that I like, the roughs have either been one of the other. I have finished 20 roughs for each set of dimensions but with work on more to experiment with the idea I have had and see if that's helps me to generate new ideas or new ways to illustrate pre existing ones. I want to try and boil down some of the images that are more complex into simpler compositions that have an instant impact. The next step is to create multiple roughs for each idea making alterations along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment