Wednesday 5 October 2016

Roughs 4

Out of all the roughs I have made I think one of the strongest images is using an oversized book as a tent and the pages as a curtain, I think a lot of the ideas in in my roughs will have been explored many times before but this one seems to be one of the more original concepts. I am still trying to decide how best to use this, my first drawing were showing the book as shelter or as a way to escape the world. I have also tried to merge the image with the idea of literacy lowering crime rates by showing someone in handcuffs transforming into a smart well dressed man by using the book as a changing room but I am not sure I am happy with how I am illustrating the 'improved' or saved character. It is difficult to get the message and tone of this idea right, I want to show how reading can help people but the image could easily be interpreted as saying that people who read are better then people who don't and I am not comfortable with that message.


I think this book tent could work more effectively if I keep the idea was uncomplicated, the tent lends itself well to the idea of shelter from the elements/world. I need to experiment more to try and create an image that creates a harsh, cold landscape that contrasts with a comfortable, warm interior of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment