Monday 10 October 2016

Roughs 6


After the crit I had a couple of my roughs that I felt confident in but didn't have any alternatives that I thiyght were comparable in terms of concept. I did have one that I thought worked well as a composition and that would create intrigue in an article about Neil Gaiman. The image is based on a quote from 'The Sandman' that I like but is already a metaphor that has been created, the quote is "Everybody has a secret world inside of them. I mean everybody. All of the people in the whole world, I mean everybody — no matter how dull and boring they are on the outside. Inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds".
I have drawn this composition a number of tines now and think using the ribs as a cage around the world that point towards it drawing attention to most important section of the illustration. I have now experimented with colour to try and make the world even bolder while keeping the character grey to show how "dull and boring" people can seem on the outside.


I don't think is my strongest idea but I do think the composition and intrigue it creates have a impact that could work well in the right setting. I think the texture I have added makes the planet appear as if it is floating in space playing with the perspective and scale of the piece. I still like this piece and would like to get some more feedback from the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment