Friday 28 October 2016

Computer Workshop 4

I have been using the Computer workshops as an opportunity to experiment with different techniques that would help me to prepare an image for print, specifically screen print. The first 3 sessions I concentrated on halftone so today I wanted to see how I could use illustrator to add more texture to my work. I only had a couple of images to work with, ideally the images would have already had more texture and a sketched aesthetic with all the original sketch lines still present.


I like some of the textures and line qualities, especially on the ogre character. Some of the 'paint spatter' textures I also like I think they help add movement and atmosphere to the image. I tried adding an enlarged image as a backdrop to show how imposing the soldiers are in the narrative even though they are smaller that the ogre. I think most useful outcome of this experiment is the rough dotted/sketched lines, They add a crafted feel to the image even though it has been live traced in illustrator made into a vector. I need to try this again with an image that is rougher to begin with, I added lots of the lines a  texture myself in illustrator and i think that some of the original movement of the characters has been lost. I like the idea of changing how the two colours that we are allowed are used. i keep thinking of simply colouring in the line work but overlaying two images may provide a more interesting image as long as both of them are still clear and work together.


No comments:

Post a Comment