Saturday 15 October 2016

Final Crit


Yesterday we had a mega crit with our 3 finished editorial pieces.


One of the comments says that the reflections in the landscape composition are too bold and look like a second pair of hands. They are supposed to be a second pair of hands so on one hand they may not be too bold but the composition is confusing. This is the composition that I am least happy with and the feedback yesterday was very useful. In the same comment they also said that I could try lowering the opacity of the hands under the water. I will definitely try this method as well as slightly altering the colour of both outline and fill. The same person mentioned the outlines being too bold on the pairs of hands, I fully agree, then image looks too cartoony and the outline takes over the image making it feel heavy and overpowering.
I got some really nice positive comments but the two that I found most useful were both focussed the landscape composition. The second comment mentions the need for more detail. again I completely agree. I got too caught up making alternative versions of this piece trying to alter the concept that by the time I came back around to my original idea I didn't have time to do it justice. I have mentioned in previous posts some additions I would like to make to this composition and I will be remaking this.


No comments:

Post a Comment