Thursday 19 January 2017

Mole finished?

I have made a number of changes to my book cover. I have made the speech bubble and text on the back of the book smaller, I did this to try and make the composition more dynamic. I think the text is still big enough and bold enough to stand out and be easily readable. When I added the back cover to the template the character of Adrian Mole was too small compared to the barcode box and looked overpowered and lost. I changed the scale of the character and I think he now has a bigger impact on the cover and makes it much more appealing. Making the speech bubble smaller changed the layout significantly, on previous versions the speech bubble went past the edge of the cover and lost its shape becoming square and making the cover look like a grid of lettering. I think that the change in scale creates interesting contrast between the lines of text and the imperfect textured shape of the speech bubble. I tired a number of colour combinations for the text before settling on dark blue to match the text on the front of the book and the same orange as the background colour, which I also used for the title on the front cover.


I also made another book mark, the next step is to print off the bookmarks and book cover to see if the colours and size of the text work. If so I will take some product photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment